Uriél Danā has been honored for her work as a fine artist, writer, and lecturer for more than three decades. Her oils, gouache, and lost wax bronze work has been shown in 12 countries on 4 continents. She is a former U.S. State Department Ambassador to the Arts under the former Arts America Program.
Her oil paintings and drawings are included in dozens of private, corporate, and celebrity art collections. In October 2015 two of her paintings were selected for the Carousel de Louvre exhibition in Paris, and she was included in the catalogue Modern Art Masters in Complex Musée du Louvre.
After serving in the United States Air Force, Uriel attended Rudolph Schaeffer School of Design in San Francisco, studied Sculpture, Museum Management, & Art History at College of Marin, Kentfield, and apprenticed 4 yrs with California Surrealist Master Painter, Gage Taylor in Marin. In addition to her own art career, she was known for her painting collaborations with the late Gage Taylor under the name Taylor-Dana.
The first two decades of her art were inspired by the human connection to myth, universal archetypes and its own spirituality. This evolved into painting her generation’s connection with creativity. Specifically, San Francisco’s nouveau cirque culture. Theater, literature, aerobics, dance, poetry and above all, mystery are all incorporated into this movement. After the California wildfires and the global lockdown forced by the Coronavirus, her focus started to move into humanities connection with nature.
A few of her honorary mentions include:
- International Woman of the Year (nominee 4 times)
- Outstanding People of the 20th Century
- Outstanding Achievement Awards
- Outstanding Achievement in the Fine Arts
- The Twentieth Century Award for Achievement
- Who’s Who of American Art
- Who’s Who of American Women
- Who’s Who in America
- 2,000 Outstanding Artists and Designers of the 20th century
- International Who’s Who of Professional and Business Women
- 2000 Outstanding Women of the Twentieth Century
- Who’s Who of Executives and Professionals 2007
(For fine art restoration of easel paintings.)
Her complete biography can be viewed here (PDF).